The latest list (a terrible, all-over-the-place list, btw) from List Universe has me coming up with my own list of my favorite beers.
- Maredsous 10 – great flavor, great color, great punch. As far as I know, it can only be had on tap at Gezellig.
- Hairy Eyeball – this seasonal from Lagunitas opened up my beer world, a sentimental favorite.
- Terminal Gravity IPA – became my favorite of the Oregon IPAs. I\’m all out. sniff
- Hop Rod Rye – My favorite beer from my walkabout. Available locally at Whole Foods.
- Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA – finishes ahead of 90 just cause I can drink more of it at a sitting.
- Maredsous 8 – I know there are better Belgian beers. But this is the one I drink the most.
- Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA – Hoppy + High ABV = crazy shenanigans
- Yuengling Lager – America\’s best American beer. A must drink when I go back to Jersey.
- Franziskaner Hefe – my favorite Hefe. Paulaner and Hoegaarden just don\’t do much for me.
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale – America\’s best generally available beer. A near perfect balance of hoppiness and maltiness.
And my bottom 5 (Not including AYBs)
- Stella Artois – sorry Meesh
- Heineken – ugh. really??
- Corona – Spanish for burro piss.
- Fat Tire – drank so much of it before I developed my taste for hops, it no longer does much for me. Not a bad beer, just one I generally turn my beer snob nose up at.
- Schmitz Gay – tastes too much like a strawberry daiquiri and Clorox.